Monday, August 21, 2006

Shadi ki jana main kaun?

I’m listening to the song “Bulla ki Jana main kaun” and watching the video also. Its an amazing feeling to see a sardarji playing guitar all the way. And that too very seriously, without any “Oye Balle Balle!!” and all that. Who would have thought of that? Sardarjis are in all parts of the world, in most of the movies and are doing all kind of stuff. I see a space shuttle going off track, I don't care. But a guitarist sardarji? I feel like paresh rawal in heraferi, all confused. Although he is playing good, far better than I would ever play, but his guitar doesn’t have the look of being a happy dude about it. Now I know how my guitar feels when I play it. It would be crying in all his energy to be handed over to a sardarji rather then me fondling and molesting it. Not a good sign for me ;).

I’m a grown up boy now. I guess so because of the fact that most of the people talk to me about marriage these days. And that too apparently mine. Earlier they use to talk about my work. More earlier, they use to talk about my marks and exams, which was an absolute torture. I had to apply more brains to talk about exams than exams themselves. Its hard to make up all the stories you know, about why are you still good even though your marks suck and how the teachers and system are inefficient. Its an absolute rocket science, considering that I had to come up with a new story every six months, after every semester. I use to apply my brains every six months, and it’s been four years since I did that last. I can’t stop laughing at that.. ;))

And if stupidity could be sold on per kilogram basis, I would be millionaire by now. I prove that again and again by giving sensible answers to questions like, “What kind of girl you want?”. And they take it as I’m just dying to get married. And because I cannot find a girl by myself, I’m just begging them to find one. Well, the first part is true, so I don’t mind.

But anyway, showing some sensibleness is far better than the answer I gave the first time mom asked that question. I went like, “eighth pass atleast”. Mom did not understand my seriousness at all and gave me the worst-ever-son-look-at-shravan-kumar look and asked me to grow up. Now I want to be all honest about it, I mean, a girl would have to donate all his brains to local municipality’s sweeper guy to get ready to marry me. And if she doesn’t, mom would have to sell all her jewelry and give money to the girl to convince her. But I decided to give some answer to this question after that, and now they want me to get married and grow up at the same time. Alright.

Anyway, life’s been pretty much chill since I made the decision to go back to India in October, except for all those marriage talks. Although its only been two days since I made that decision but I already feel the smell of Indore’s Poha/Jalebi and cut chai. I can’t wait to get home, where everything is familiar, even stray dogs and pigs make you feel right at home… ;)

Bulla song is over twice now and I will end this post. Let me go back to the song again and check out more closely if that sardarji is playing that guitar for real... ??

3 comments:

Prayank said...

aakhir aa hi gaya unt pahad ke neeche ... chalo ji indore panuch kar dhoondo apni aathvi paas ..

The Ghost said...

jo hukam bhai saab, don worry, abhi naukri aur chokri dono dhoonda padengi... ;)

Sayesha said...

//Its an amazing feeling to see a sardarji playing guitar all the way.

Hahaha! I must admit I was really surprised to see it too! :P

ps: Achha toh tum Prayank ke dost ho?? Hmmm... okay I still dunno who you are! Bol de na yaar! :'(